Location: Tokyo, Japan
What you’ll do
- As a member of engineering team, you're responsible for product management for our flagship product, StellarStation. Product Manager works closely with our engineers to guide products from conception to launch. You bridge the technical and business worlds as you design services that our customers love. You'll work with Infostellar’s colleagues from Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Finance.
- Infostellar is a space communications infrastructure firm, developing the world’s only cloud-based satellite antenna sharing platform: StellarStation. We want to provide satellite operators with a faster, easier option for ground services. Our mission with StellarStation is to push new space business to the next stage by unlocking ground services.
- Launch new features or products on a regular basis.
- Engage closely with engineers on the team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule.
- Understand markets, competition and customer/user requirements in depth.
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy for StellarStation, from Software to Hardware.
- Work collaboratively with engineers and cutting edge technologies.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of product management or related experience.
- Experience with product management or product design with a focus on software products and technologies.
- Experience developing Internet products and technologies.
- Experience applying cloud solutions to complex use cases such as, for example, web services, enterprise products, or supply chain networks.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships.
- MBA or MS in related technical field.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of related field such as satellite systems, telecommunication technology.
- Experience with managing products for software developers and development experience using various desktop and mobile app frameworks.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing; understanding of go-to-market commerce enablers (e.g. payments, loyalty, subscriptions, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends; excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to speak and write in Japanese fluently and idiomatically.